Today's dinner " Simmered Chicken With Ginger Flower " from the book I mentioned it before " Simmering Chicken "
The taste was super nice.... sour, sweet & abit spicy :D
Here you go the recipe....
Ingredients A :
- 6 nos chicken drumsticks
- 3 blade kaffir lime leaf ( sliced )
- 1 stalk ginger flower ( halved )
- 5 bird's eye chillies ( halved )
- 2 tbsp calamansi lime juice
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 400ml water
Ingredients B ( blended ) :
- 5 shallots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2cm young ginger
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp chicken stock powder
- Heat up 3 tbsp cooking oil, saute Ingredients B. Add in kaffir lime leaf, bird's eye chillies, tamarind paste & ginger flower. Stir-fry & add in water, let it boil for 5 minutes until aromatic.
- Add in chicken drumsticks, calamansi lime juice & seasoning, toss well.
- Cover & allow to simmer over medium heat until chicken drumstick is cooked & tender, or gravy is thick. Serve at once.
Have A Great Week!