Here's the simple recipe :
- 500g mascarpone cheese
- 2.5 tbsps icing sugar
- 2 tbsps coffee syrup
- 1 tbsp Rum
- 400g whipping cream ( whipped )
- 15 ladyfinger biscuits
- 1 slice of 10" chocolate sponge cake
Coffee syrup :
- 2 tbsps coffee granules
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup boiled water
- 2 tbsps Kahlua
- Mix mascarpone cheese & icing sugar until well blended. Add in Rum & coffee syrup.
- Fold in whipping cream.
- Place sponge cake into a 10-in loose base pan. Brush some coffee syrup on top.
- Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture on top.
- Dip the ladyfinger biscuits into the coffee syrup & arrange a layer on top.
- Cover the remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least three hours, sprinkled with cocoa powder & serve cold !
No coffee & alcohol for kids.. so we make a 2 layers cake with mascarpone + whipping cream decorated with strawberries for them!!! hehee....
We had a fabulous dinner & a wonderful cake :D Yummy..... CHEERS!!!