A special & nice cake which i want to share with u all.... this recipe was from my sister reesekitchen. I din't eat carrot cake before, cause the 1st thing in my mind is CARROT goes with cake???? hahhaaa.... but after i gave it a bite... wow... it's really nice :D
carrot + mixed spice + cream cheese= YUMMY
TQ to my sister for the superb recipe.......
- 4 Eggs (separated)
- 1.5 cups Corn oil
- 88g Castor sugar
- 80g Brown sugar
- 1.5 cups grated carrots(Sift together)
- 250g Cake flour
- 2 tsps Mixed spice
- 1.5 tsps Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 100g Chopped walnuts
- Beat egg yolks for about 5 minutes, add in corn oil, sugar, carrots and mix well.
- Stir in dry ingredients together with the chopped walnuts and mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into cake mixture.
- Pour into a lined and greased 9" round baking tin and bake at for 45 minutes.**I'm using paper cupcakes here, which i only bake for 30 minutes.
- When baked, allow to cool completely before top with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese frosting Ingredients:
- 120g Butter
- 250g Cream cheese
- 120g Icing sugar
- Cream butter and cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add in icing sugar and continue to cream till smooth