Friday, November 20, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
- 500g belly pork
- 2-3 pieces fried dried bean curd
- 4 pips garlic with skin
- 2 star anise
- 4cm cinamon stick
- 2 bean sauce ( 腐乳）
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- alittle salt to taste
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil. Panfry garlic, star anise & cinamon stick until fragnant.
- Add in pork & stir-fry for 10 mins or until the pork alittle golden brown.
- Add in bean sauce & sugar. Stir-fry & cover with lid for 5 mins.
- Add in water & stew for 1 hr or until the meat tender.
Have A Nice Day :D
- 2 drumsticks ( cut into cubes & marinate with 1 tbs soy sauce & 2 tbsps oyster sauce )
- 20 shallots
- 1 cup of water
- alittle salt to taste
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil. panfry the shallots till fragnant.
- Add in chicken & stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add water & stew for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
- 1 drumstick ( cut into pieces & marinate with 1 tbsp soy sauce )
- 1 medium carrot ( cut into cubes )
- 2 big onions
- 3 tbsps tomato ketchup
- 2 tsps sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil, fragrant big onions. Add in carrots & chicken, stir-fry for a while.
- Add in seasoning. Simmer for abt 20 mins. Dish up & serve.
Happy Cooking ^o^
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Happy Baking :D
Monday, October 26, 2009
Today is a public holiday in Seremban!!! Actually is not a good news for a fulltime mummy !Agree??? hahaha... back to my easily done dishes for lunch!!! My mum used to cook this STEW PORK TOFU since i were young! I love this dish soooooo much & my family will do!!! It's very nice when u go with the aroma hot rice. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS :D
- 500g pork belly, cut into cubes
- 2 blocks fried tofu, cut into 6 pieces
- 5 pips garlic , with skin
- 4cm cinamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 3 cloves
- 8-10 fa jiu (sorry ..i don't know the name of this spice in eng, i vil find out asap)
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsps dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200ml water
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil, stir-fry garlic & all the spices until fragrant. Add in pork belly & stir-fry for awhile. Add seasoning & stir-fry until well mixed.
- Stew for 1/2 hr & add in fried tofu. Continue to stew for another 20-3o mins until the pork is tender.
- 5 medium size eggplants, cut into long strips ( in chinese they called it 滚刀法）
- 3 pips chopped garlic
- 2 tbsps curry powder
- 1 sprig curry leaf ( avoided here)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- some fried anchovies
- Heat up 3 tbsps oil, stir-fry chopped garlic until fragrant. Add in eggplants & continue to stir-fry.
- Add in curry powder & salt, mix well. Add in some water & cover with lid .Simmer for 5 mins or until the eggplant is soft.
- Dish up & add in fried anchovies.
Happy Holiday ^.^
Friday, October 23, 2009
This recipe was taken from a book where i flipped through couple of my mum's recipe books & finally find 1 that is just nice !Thank God .... if not my kiwis all wasted!The look of sponge cake was not so nice.... But okay to me la... cause homemade ma... hehee :D
- 180g sponge mix
- 3 eggs
- 50ml water
- 50g melted butter/ cooking oil
- few drops green colouring
- 2 tsp green tea powder
- 1egg yolk
- 50ml fresh milk
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp gelatine powder
- 1 tbsp water
- 150g fresh cream ( whipped)
- 4 kiwis
- Beat sponge mix, eggs & water for 10 mins. Fold in melted butter/ cooking oil. mix well. Mix in green colouring with 5 tbsps of sponge batter & put into piping bag.
- Pipe wave shapes onto a lined 10x14 inches baking tray. Spread the rest batter over the waves batter. Bake in preheated oven at 180c for 10 mins.
- Mousse : Stir green tea powder, egg yolk, milk & sugar in a heatproof bowl over a simmering of water until mixture is thicken.
- Stir gelatine & water over a simmering of water until dissolved. Stir into green tea mixture, mix well.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- To assemble : Line sponge cake in the sides of a loaf tin. Spoon in some mousse & arrange kiwis in the centre. Spread the rest mousse over kiwis. Cover with a slice of sponge. Refrigerate until set.
HAVE A NICE DAY :D
Love this bread so much...... DELICIOUS ^o^
My daughter loves it soooooo much... she said is her favourite bread.. she ate 1 log in the morning & bring 2 logs to school :D
Look at the cheeeeese...... & the ham..... make ur saliva dropping frm ur mouth???? hahaa.... actually there was bread beside the ham... i ate it before i snap ... hehehe....juz wanna show u all the cheese !!! Want the recipe ???? Please visit my friend's blog honeybeesweets
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
- 100g red bean
- 2 pieces pandan leaves, knotted
- 500ml water
- 160g sugar
- 600ml water ( use the water from the cooked red bean)
- 200g rice flour
- 100g wheat strach / tang min fen
- 400g thick coconut milk
- Cook red bean, pandan leaves & water until soft. Drain well.
- Bring sugar & water to boil until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked red bean & the ramaining ingredients into the syrup & mix well.
- Pour batter into small bowls & steam at high heat for 15 mins or until cooked. Remove & leave to cool before removing from the bowls.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
Friday, October 2, 2009
HAPPY MID AUTUMN FESTIVAL
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Here is my Shanghai Mooncake.... nice???
My daughter & i tried.... it's really nice! Here's the recipe :-
- 280g plain flour
- 50g milk powder
- 25g custard powder
- 1 1/2 tbsps baking powder
- 100g icing sugar
- 100g shortening
- 50g margerine
- 2 eggs ( gr.B)
Filling : 840g lotus + 30g melon seeds (toasted) & 14 salted eggs
- Mix all dry ingredients with margerine using rubbing method. Add in eggs...knead lightly become a dough.
- Scale 50g dough & 60g filling.
- Egg washed & bake for 20-25 minutes.
Kept in nice box for my relatives & family ..... but tonight will go & buy a golden string to tie up the box! Hopefully i can get the string.. :D CHEERS
- 150g koh fen
- 150g icing sugar
- 50g shortening
- Few drops of pandan essence / colouring
- 200ml iced water
- Sieve koh fen & icing sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix all ingredients into a dough. Let it rest for 10 mins in the fridge.
- Scale 35g of dough & wrap with 50g of filling.
**** Makes 15 small mooncakes****
HAPPY MOONCAKE FESTIVAL ^.^
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Finally.... here comes my REMPAH UDANG.... yum yum!!! It was my yesterday dinner. My husband ate 5 & a bowl of tang shui. He said very nice... hehee :D But the colour abit dull because i used chilies padi. kekee ^o^ While i'm wrapping, my daughter told my son.. mummy making sushi...hahahaa..yaya... good imagination!!!
Will post the recipe later... cause need to prepare.... going for BUFFET DINNER !!! Enjoy :D
I'm back .... had a happy & nice Buffet Dinner with my family ^.^ But half way eating, my dad felt feeling well...stomachache & vomit..hopefully he's ok now. Okay..back to REMPAH UDANG ,i bought this book ( Nyonya Traditional Kueh, Snacks & Desserts) last 2 months & haven't try any of the recipes yet. My sis tried few recipes here too... but she did some modified from the recipes. But i'm a beginner, so don't dare to make changes..hehee ! ^.^ here's the original of the recipe :-
A : 500g glutinous rice, soaked overnight
270g coconut milk
4 tbsps oil
some banana leaves for wrapping ( cut, washed & boiled )
some toothpick for sealing
B : 1 inch piece cekor
10 nos shallots
5 pips garlics
5 nos candle nuts
3 nos red chilies ( i put chili padi & it looked dull.. not so nice) - i think will make a modify
here... instead of red chili, i will put chilli bow.
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp pepper
C : 250g shelled prawns
2 tbsps dried shrimp
D : 2 tsps salt
1 1/2 tbsps sugar
- Mix glutinous rice well with coconut milk, steam over high flame for 30 mins.
- Fragrant ingredients B with oil, add in ingredients C, stir-fry for a while & add in ingredients D, simmer for 5 minutes, use it as filling.
- Spread one portion of cooked glutinous rice lengthwise in the centre of the banana leaf, put some filling on it & fold over the rice to shape it into a roll, then seal both sides with toothpicks.
- Grilled or pan-fry roll.
EnJoY Ur DaY :D
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
My 1st order.... hahaaa...TQ Mun Lik... you are the 1st who take order from me!!! Hope it really taste GOOD ^o^
- 1kg cream cheese
- 4 small eggs
- 1 lemon rind
- 70g all purpose flour
- 300g sugar
- 100g double cream ( lightly whipped)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
BASE :120g crushed marie biscuits + 120g melted butter (mix) Press mixture into base of 9" & freeze.
- Beat cream cheese & sugar, slowly add in eggs.
- Add in grated lemon rind & lemon juice.
- Finally add in double cream & flour.
- Spoon 2 tbsps +10g cocoa powder+2 tbsps water ( set aside )
- Pour mixture onto the prepared base.
- Bake in low heat for 1hr or until lightly brown over a tray of hot water.
- Chilled & demould.
HAVE A CHEESY DAY :D
- 1 portion of Basic dough
- 300g tuna (drained)
- 100g onions (chopped)
- 30g cheddar cheese
- 100g mayonnaise
- A bit of salt & sugar ...i missed those ,sigh.....
** Mix even**
- Divide the dough into 60g each, knead into long strip, fold into shape '8'.
- Place onto baking tray, let it prove double size. Brush with wgg wash.
- Put filling on top.
- Bake for 12 mins.
ENJOY BAKING @.@
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Here I did.... the green spring onions really look nice here....
Spread mayonnaise & pork floss....
Roll up & wrap with cling wrap.....
DONE DONE DONE..... Finally i can give it a bite.... wow.... DELICIOUS... omg.... very very very nice... just now my hubby tried... he said YUMMY, very special!!!!! He said i can make this for a homemade business. He said cannot find it ouside...is't??? i dun think so... i think the cake shops are selling those cake. Hahahaaa *o* I think i will make it again to let my parents & more people to try it ..... oh ya.... my daughter too! She just recovered from her fewer,so she can't try it! Next week i will make it again for her & my parents. WONDERFUL !
Monday, September 7, 2009
A simple & nice bread loaf is from my book "面包DIY-HOME BREAD"
Here's the recipe...
- 300g HP flour
- 25g castor sugar
- 5g dry yeast
- 5g salt
- 200g cold water
- 10g milk powder
- 20g butter
- Sift HP flour & milk powder.
- Mix all the ingredients except butter, knead until it form a soft dough.
- Finally add in butter & continue to knead until it becomes an elastic dough.
- Leave to prove for about 90 mins.
- Divide the dough into 3 portions. Flatten the dough out & roll like a swiss roll form.
- Place into a greased loaf tin (9x4.5x4.5)
- Let it prove till 80% of the tin ( about 1 hr ).
- Bake for 30 mins.
- Remove from tin after baked & cool on a wire rack.