Thursday, October 29, 2009
Happy Baking :D
Monday, October 26, 2009
Today is a public holiday in Seremban!!! Actually is not a good news for a fulltime mummy !Agree??? hahaha... back to my easily done dishes for lunch!!! My mum used to cook this STEW PORK TOFU since i were young! I love this dish soooooo much & my family will do!!! It's very nice when u go with the aroma hot rice. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS :D
- 500g pork belly, cut into cubes
- 2 blocks fried tofu, cut into 6 pieces
- 5 pips garlic , with skin
- 4cm cinamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 3 cloves
- 8-10 fa jiu (sorry ..i don't know the name of this spice in eng, i vil find out asap)
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsps dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200ml water
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil, stir-fry garlic & all the spices until fragrant. Add in pork belly & stir-fry for awhile. Add seasoning & stir-fry until well mixed.
- Stew for 1/2 hr & add in fried tofu. Continue to stew for another 20-3o mins until the pork is tender.
- 5 medium size eggplants, cut into long strips ( in chinese they called it 滚刀法）
- 3 pips chopped garlic
- 2 tbsps curry powder
- 1 sprig curry leaf ( avoided here)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- some fried anchovies
- Heat up 3 tbsps oil, stir-fry chopped garlic until fragrant. Add in eggplants & continue to stir-fry.
- Add in curry powder & salt, mix well. Add in some water & cover with lid .Simmer for 5 mins or until the eggplant is soft.
- Dish up & add in fried anchovies.
Happy Holiday ^.^
Friday, October 23, 2009
This recipe was taken from a book where i flipped through couple of my mum's recipe books & finally find 1 that is just nice !Thank God .... if not my kiwis all wasted!The look of sponge cake was not so nice.... But okay to me la... cause homemade ma... hehee :D
- 180g sponge mix
- 3 eggs
- 50ml water
- 50g melted butter/ cooking oil
- few drops green colouring
- 2 tsp green tea powder
- 1egg yolk
- 50ml fresh milk
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp gelatine powder
- 1 tbsp water
- 150g fresh cream ( whipped)
- 4 kiwis
- Beat sponge mix, eggs & water for 10 mins. Fold in melted butter/ cooking oil. mix well. Mix in green colouring with 5 tbsps of sponge batter & put into piping bag.
- Pipe wave shapes onto a lined 10x14 inches baking tray. Spread the rest batter over the waves batter. Bake in preheated oven at 180c for 10 mins.
- Mousse : Stir green tea powder, egg yolk, milk & sugar in a heatproof bowl over a simmering of water until mixture is thicken.
- Stir gelatine & water over a simmering of water until dissolved. Stir into green tea mixture, mix well.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- To assemble : Line sponge cake in the sides of a loaf tin. Spoon in some mousse & arrange kiwis in the centre. Spread the rest mousse over kiwis. Cover with a slice of sponge. Refrigerate until set.
HAVE A NICE DAY :D
Love this bread so much...... DELICIOUS ^o^
My daughter loves it soooooo much... she said is her favourite bread.. she ate 1 log in the morning & bring 2 logs to school :D
Look at the cheeeeese...... & the ham..... make ur saliva dropping frm ur mouth???? hahaa.... actually there was bread beside the ham... i ate it before i snap ... hehehe....juz wanna show u all the cheese !!! Want the recipe ???? Please visit my friend's blog honeybeesweets
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
- 100g red bean
- 2 pieces pandan leaves, knotted
- 500ml water
- 160g sugar
- 600ml water ( use the water from the cooked red bean)
- 200g rice flour
- 100g wheat strach / tang min fen
- 400g thick coconut milk
- Cook red bean, pandan leaves & water until soft. Drain well.
- Bring sugar & water to boil until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked red bean & the ramaining ingredients into the syrup & mix well.
- Pour batter into small bowls & steam at high heat for 15 mins or until cooked. Remove & leave to cool before removing from the bowls.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
Friday, October 2, 2009
HAPPY MID AUTUMN FESTIVAL
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Here is my Shanghai Mooncake.... nice???
My daughter & i tried.... it's really nice! Here's the recipe :-
- 280g plain flour
- 50g milk powder
- 25g custard powder
- 1 1/2 tbsps baking powder
- 100g icing sugar
- 100g shortening
- 50g margerine
- 2 eggs ( gr.B)
Filling : 840g lotus + 30g melon seeds (toasted) & 14 salted eggs
- Mix all dry ingredients with margerine using rubbing method. Add in eggs...knead lightly become a dough.
- Scale 50g dough & 60g filling.
- Egg washed & bake for 20-25 minutes.
Kept in nice box for my relatives & family ..... but tonight will go & buy a golden string to tie up the box! Hopefully i can get the string.. :D CHEERS
- 150g koh fen
- 150g icing sugar
- 50g shortening
- Few drops of pandan essence / colouring
- 200ml iced water
- Sieve koh fen & icing sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix all ingredients into a dough. Let it rest for 10 mins in the fridge.
- Scale 35g of dough & wrap with 50g of filling.
**** Makes 15 small mooncakes****
HAPPY MOONCAKE FESTIVAL ^.^