Invited my neighbour to join. Had a great mini party.
Here's the recipe for BBQ Chicken. I did some changes ( added lemon juice ) on the recipe from the book i bought last 2 weeks. " Chicken Appetit 一百味鸡 "
- 300g drumstick meat ( cut into thick cube pieces )
- green, red or yellow capsicum ( cut into pieces )
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion ( quartered & peeled )
- 1 1/2 dried rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper ( optional )
- some lemon juice
- Mix drumstick meat with Marinade & set aside for 3 hours or overnight.
- Tread 1 piece of capsicum, 1 piece of meat, 1 clove of onion, 1 piece of meat, 1 piece of capsicum & 1 piece of tomato onto a bamboo skewer or satay stick.
- Grill at 200c for 15 minutes or until cooked.
My cake!!!! Love it... taste nice & looks beautiful! Do you agree? Hahahahaa....... I mentioned before the book that i like it so much " 100 Desserts " . I followed the recipe exactly. Here, I'm going to share with you guys :D
Cocoa sponge cake :
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 60g sugar
- 45g flour
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsps cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsps melted butter
- Sift flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder & baking powder together.
- Beat eggs & sugar with electric mixer for 8 minutes.
- Sift in the dry ingredients. Mix well. Pour in melted butter along the rim of the bowl. Stir well.
- Pour batter into a 7" cake tin lined with baking paper. Bake in preheated oven at 180c for 20 minutes.
Matcha Mousse :
- 10g Matcha green tea powder
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- 100g sugar
- 3 tsps gelatin powder
- 1 cup whipping cream
- In a pot, mix Matcha powder & constarch well. Add in egg yolks, milk, sugar & gelatin powder. Mix well. Put the pot over heat. Bring to boil. Strain the mixture. Leave it to cool.
- Beat the whipping cream until stiff. Stir it into the custard from Step 1.
Chocolate ganache :
- 80g dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- some red beans, cooked in water until soft
- Bring whipping cream to the boil in a pot.
- Finely chop the chocolate. Pour the whipping cream into chocolate. Stir until chocolate melts & the mixture well blended. Leave it to cool & beat until fluffy & thick.
- 2 tsps Matcha green tea powder
- Dark chocolate ( melt & brush over a chocolate mould, leave to set & unmould )
- Slice the cocoa sponge cake into 2 layers horizontally.
- Place 1 sheet of sponge into a cake tin. Pour the ganache over the spaonge. Top with another sheet of sponge. Arrange red beans on top. Lastly, pour the Matcha mousse over the red beans & sponge. Refrigerate until set.
- Spinkle Matcha powder over the set cake. Garnish with chocolate pieces. Serve.
Hope you like the recipe I shared :D Have A Nice Day!