Hi Mummies, are you busy with your kid's school exam? I am the one too :( My daughter's school exam starts today, 2 weeks to go. Good Luck to my daughter :D
Let's back to last 2 weeks, I tried to make Mango & Chocolate ice-cream. But the colour of the ice-creams are totally out of the original flavour. Haha.....
The recipe was from my favourite book " 100 Dessert"
- 1 cup whole fat milk
- 90g sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 tbsp milk powder
- 250g strawberries/mango/melted chocolate
- Rinse the strawberries & cut off the stems.Puree 2/3 of the strawberries. Finely dice the remaining 1/3.
- Beat egg yolks & 45g of sugar with an electric mixer until pale.
- Bring the milk to the boil. Remove from heat. Pour half of the hot milk into the egg yolk mixture from Step 2. Mix well. Cook the remaining milk over low heat until thickens. Strain the mixture & leave to cool.
- Mix the remaining half of the milk with milk powder & the remaining 45g sugar. Stir it into the custard from Step 3.
- Add whipping cream & strawberry puree. Mix well.
- Keep in the freezer until fully frozen. Beat the mixture with an electric mixer until smooth. Keep in the freezer again for 30 minutes. Beat again. Repeat this step 4 times. Add diced strawberries at last. Divide among into small cups or in one big tub. Keep in the freezer for 5 hours. Serve.
This ice-cream is more to creamy type. I prefer those icy type. Heehee.....
The second dish is Bean Curd In Clay Pot. This is a simple dish that you can order outside.
Here's the recipe :
- 3 egg bean curds
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 5 slices ginger
- 100g honey peas
- 100g baby corns
- 50g sliced carrot
- 4 sliced black mushrooms
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 150ml water
- 1tsp corn flour, mixed with 2 tbsp water for thickening
- Deep-fry bean curd in hot oil until golden brown. Dish & drain.
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil in clay pot, saute garlic & ginger until fragrant. Add in honey peas, carrots, mushrooms, baby corn & water. Stir well. Add in seasoning, bean curds & cook for 2 minutes. Thicken with cornflour solution & serve.
Here is my 3rd dish...... Assam Fish With Pineapple 黄梨阿三鱼 from a cooking book I bought in February " Yum Yum 76 "
In the recipe, he used whole fish. Here, I used sliced fish.
- 1 siakap fish, about 800g
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 100ml oil
Sauce ( blended )
- 50g shallots, skin removed
- 2 pips garlic, skin removed
- 1 tsp belacan
- 300g pineapple
- 1 tbsp assam paste, mixed with 300ml water & squeezed out juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- some mint leaves
- Wash fish & rub dry. Rub with salt & pepper & marinate for 30 minutes. Pan-fry in hot oil until golden brown & crispy.
- Heat up 2 tbsp oil, pour in sauce mixture & bring to boil. Put in fish & cook for 3 minutes. Dish up, sprinkle mint leaves on top & serve.