Hey,Gula Melaka AGAIN !!! hahaaa :D I'm back to my kitchen. It was been a long break since my last steam! My oven still under repair, really miss my oven :-( Anyway i cannot just wait for my oven to be repaired,so i keep looking for steamed food! Got myself some recipe books last 2 days.Here's something I'll like to share with you from one of my new collections. It's "Magic Steamed Cake from Alex Goh" Love this book so much...
Friends out there....no oven ??? So what are you waiting for? Let's start making steamed cake with Alex Goh :D This book contains butter cake, sponge cake, stir-mix cake & decorated cream cake !
The result is superb! The texture is fine & soft :D
Here the superb recipe :D
200g gula melaka
4 large eggs
80g sugar ( reduced )
1/2 tsp salt
150g corn oil
150g coconut milk
1 tsp sodium bicarbonate ( avoided )
4 tsps double action baking powder
1. Cook A until sugar dissolved. Set aside to cool.
2. Whip B until sugar dissolved and slightly thicken. Add in A and C, mix until well-blended.
3. Fold in sieved D, mix until well-combined.
4. Pour the batter into 10cm cupcake mould lined with paper cup.
5. Steam at high heat for 10 minutes, switch to low heat & continue to steam for 15 minutes.
** Gula melaka can be replaced by brown sugar**
Happy Steaming :D