Wednesday, April 28, 2010

STEAMED MARBLE BUTTER CAKE

Steaming with Alex Goh again :D Yeah!!! This morning my friends, Connie & Maggie came .. they tried my Steam Gula Melaka Cupcake! Happy with thier comments.. TQ my dear ji mui :D hehe..

Maggie & I dicided to make this Steamed Marble Butter Cake. Wow... It turns out great :D



The texture is exactly the same as baked cakes :D Too much chocolate batter on top... hahaaa... can't see the marble effets. hehe :D

A
280g butter
200g sugar ( reduced )

B
4 eggs

C
300g flour
2 1/2 tsps double action baking powder

D
1/2 tbsp chocolate paste (** I used 1 tbsp chocolate powder + 3 tbsps hot water**)

Method :

1. Lightly grease & line 20cm round or square mould.
2. Beat A until light & fluffy. Add in B slowly, cream until smooth & light.
3. Add in sieved C, mix until well-blended.
4. Take 1/4 portion of the batter, mix with D until well-blended.
5. Pour plain batter into greased mould. Use a teaspoon to spoon the chocolate batter over the plain batter & swirl it to make marble effects.
6. Steam at high heat for 10 minutes, switch the heat to low & steam for another 60 minutes.
7. Leave the cake aside for 5 minutes before moving out from the mould.

12 comments:

  1. hello!what kind of butter did u use?salted or unsalted??? thanksss -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam,
    I used salted butter :D BTW, welcome to my blog !

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh thats cool!salted butter. hahah!your blog is cool!shall come by more often to share your recipe. :) thanks man. -sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. TQ so much Sam... Do try out some recipes & hope you like it :D Good Luck !

    ReplyDelete
  5. hai janice! guna butter brand apa? guna tepung gandum kan? satu lagi gula you letak banyak mana yer? TQVM

    MAY HERE...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello May, saya guna brand SCS. Ya, saya guna tepung gandum. Sini, gula sudah pun dikurangkan. TQ :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. hai janice! thanks again, i plan to make this steam cake for my mother in-law in this coming mothers day, hope i berjaya ya.


    may

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, you are welcome :D That's great... Good Luck :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Like your marble butter cake very much! Have a few questions and hope you can advise.
    A) Did you fold in your flour?
    B) Can I use cake flour instead?
    C) I can't find chocolate powder, can I replace it with cocoa powder instead?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tzee Muai Meng, welcome to my blog :-) Tq for your compliment.
    A) at 1st, I pour in the flour & mix with mixer until 80%, then I use hand to fold till well-blended.
    B) yes, u can use cake flour.
    C) yes, u can replace with cocoa powder.

    Hope my info can help :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. when steaming is it ok to cover the cake tray with a foil, otherwise water drops from the lid falls in to the cake

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi.... So sorry for the late reply. I' m so busy from the year end holidays & really no time to view my blog. I think you better don't cover the cake tray while steaming, later the cake no space to expand. Don't worry, water won't drip from the lid, but must becareful while opening . Or else you can try to steam with bamboo steamer. It's safer.

    ReplyDelete