Steaming with Alex Goh again :D Yeah!!! This morning my friends, Connie & Maggie came .. they tried my Steam Gula Melaka Cupcake! Happy with thier comments.. TQ my dear ji mui :D hehe..
Maggie & I dicided to make this Steamed Marble Butter Cake. Wow... It turns out great :D
The texture is exactly the same as baked cakes :D Too much chocolate batter on top... hahaaa... can't see the marble effets. hehe :D
200g sugar ( reduced )
2 1/2 tsps double action baking powder
1/2 tbsp chocolate paste (** I used 1 tbsp chocolate powder + 3 tbsps hot water**)
1. Lightly grease & line 20cm round or square mould.
2. Beat A until light & fluffy. Add in B slowly, cream until smooth & light.
3. Add in sieved C, mix until well-blended.
4. Take 1/4 portion of the batter, mix with D until well-blended.
5. Pour plain batter into greased mould. Use a teaspoon to spoon the chocolate batter over the plain batter & swirl it to make marble effects.
6. Steam at high heat for 10 minutes, switch the heat to low & steam for another 60 minutes.
7. Leave the cake aside for 5 minutes before moving out from the mould.