These 2 days they had bread with butter+sugar.... so i decided to make a cake for them, Traditional Butter Cake from Kelvin Chai.
Fine & soft texture with some margerine added !
Here is the recipe for my reference:
- 250g butter
- 100g margerine
- 210g caster sugar ( reduced )
- 1/4 tsp salt ( avoided )
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 250g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Beat butter, margerine, salt & sugar until light & fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla essence. Fold in flour.
- Pour batter into a greased & lined 8" baking tin.
- Bake at 180c for 35-40 minutes.
ENJOY YOUR LIFE :D