A simple decoration too..... hehe :D
The original recipe ( My Bday Cake by Kelvin Chai ) is 2 layers chocolate sponge cake... i did 3 layers here :P
Here's the simple recipe :-
- 2 slices chocolate sponge cake
Coffee liquid :
- 200ml cold water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Kahlua
- 9 sponge fingers
- 30g chopped macadamia nuts ( i used almond )
- 250g whipped fresh cream
- chopped almond + caramel
- To make coffee liquid, combine cold water, sugar & Kahlua until blended.
- Place a slice sponge cake into tin. Brush with coffee liquid & spread with fresh cream. Sprinkle with some nuts. Dip sponge fingers into coffee liquid & arrange on to the cream. Continue layering until sponge fingers finished. Cover with sponge cake. Refrigerate for a while.
- Coat cake with remaining cream. Decorate as desired.