My hubby miss my cooking so much during my holiday in S'pore. Hahaha :P The next day, i cooked dinner for my hubby & grandma although i'm still lazy & in holiday mood.
This is the dish i cooked that night Bitter Gourd Chicken that my mum used to cook.
- 3 chicken drum sticks ( cut into pieces ), marinade with 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 medium size bitter gourd ( cut into square )
- 1 tbsp fermented black bean
- 4 pips garlic
- 5 pieces ginger
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbps light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water or more
- Blend garlic, ginger & fermented black beans.
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil, fragrant blended ingredients, add in chicken pieces, bitter gourd, sugar & soy sauce, stir-fry briskly until the colour of chicken pieces are changed.
- Add in water & bring to boil. Cover & simmer at low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- At last, thicken with a little cornstarch solutions.