Yesterday I had a wonderful "potluck dinner" with my neighbours. I prepared few dishes. The 1st dish i would like to share with you is Baked Salted Chicken Drumettes. I had post this before, so I will move on to the next new recipe :D
The 2nd dish will be " Baked Chicken Wings with Basil Leaf 九层塔烤鸡翼" adapted from "1 Chicken Appetit" by K.S.Lee. The original recipe used honay while baking.... the 1st batch, I brush with honey & the 2nd is without honey. Both taste nice... depends on your own preference.
Here you go for the recipe :
- 10 chicken wings
- 15g basil leaf ( chopped )
- some honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbps sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Rinse chicken wings & marinate with salt, sugar, fish sauce & garlic powder, set aside for 2 hours.
- Add basil leaf & bake at 180c for 20 minutes.
- Brush the wings with honey & bake again for another 5 minutes. Serve :D
Here's the recipe :
- 2 drumsticks ( de-boned & cut into pieces )
- 3 steamed salted egg yolk ( mashed )
- 2 springs curry leaf
- 2 bird's eye chillis ( chopped )
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp hua diao wine
- Mix drumsticks with salt,cornflour, curry powder & hua diao wine & set aside for 1/2 hour.
- Deep-fry in hot oil till fragrant.
- Fry curry leaf, chillis, butter & salted egg yolk till fragrant.
- Add in drumsticks & stir-fry evenly. Serve :D
Lastly, I prepared a fresh drink " Lemon Grass Juice " taught by my sister, Reese. Tq for the nice freshing drink :D