I love croissant so much. Tried once few years ago but failed. This time I would like to give it a try with the same recipe from 面包DIY by Khoo See Yew. I watched a video from youtube ( http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYMnMT6eVc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DnvYMnMT6eVc ). I followed the method by folding the dough. It success. .. Yeah :-)
Here's the recipe. From this recipe, you can make different kind of croissants and danish.
• 175g high protein flour
• 75g medium protein flour
• 7.5g milk powder
• 30g sugar
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 25g egg
• 100g cold water
• 7.5g yeast
• 25g butter
• 125g pasrty margarine
1. Combine high protein flour, medium flour and milk powder.
2. Instant yeast mix with cold water, add in sugar, salt and eggs.
3. Pour into sifted flours and knead to a dough, add in butter. Knead dough until smooth and elastic. Proof for 30 minutes.
4. Flatten the dough into square. Place pastry margarine in the middle of the dough. Fold up like an envelope. Roll and flatten into rectangular sheet. Fold up into 3 layers and rest in the freezer for 15 minutes.
5. Turn to 90 degre, roll and flatten into rectangular. Repeat step 4 twice.
6. Remove from freezer and roll into 5mm rectangular thin sheet. Cut into required shape. Please watch the video for a better method and shaping. Thank you.
7. Egg wash and bake at 180c for 13-15 minutes.