Hi friends, as a promised from my last post. I'm back with 2 new recipes. The very 1st one i would like to share with you is Spicy Curry Leaves Chicken Cubes.This simple dish was from my mum. I cooked it once since long long ago. The original recipe is with alittle gravy, not too much as mine. Due to my kids & hubby love gravy so much, i cooked it more. Hehehe :P
Here's the recipe...
- 1 piece of chicken breast / 5 chicken fillets ( cut into small cubes )
- 5 stalks curry leaves
- 2 pips garlic ( chopped )
- 3-4 chili padi
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp oil
- Heat up oil, stir-fry garlic & curry leaves until fragrant.
- Add in chicken breast/ fillet cubes, chili padi,fish sauce & water. Stir-fry over high heat until cooked. Lastly, thicken with alittle cornstarch water. Dish up.
The second is Spaghetti Carbonara. Is a Italian pasta cuisine. Simple to make, yet delicious.... my kids & my favourite spaghetti dish at the moment! Do you know what my kids tell me while they are having it for lunch?? " Mummy, it taste very nice & nicer than the shop one!!!" hahaha.... ya, I agreed with them!! LOL ..... Back to this recipe.... last few days, I searched for carbonara recipes online, & I found this recipe is the best among the others. Let's share the recipe now......
- 450g spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Thickened cream/ Heavy cream/ Double ceam
- 2 eggs ( well beaten )
- 6 sausages ( cut )
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp parsley ( chopped )
**All ingredients have to be at room temperature before you start**
- Fill a large pot with water & add in 1 tbsp of salt. Boil the water & cook spaghetti for 6 minutes or as per package instructions.
- In a pan, stir-fry sausages with 1 tbsp olive oil until crisp. Set aside.
- While the spaghetti cooks, combine & mix well the cheese, salt, black pepper, cream, & olive oil in a pot. Cook in low heat until chees is melted ( Do NOT Boil )
- Take the sauce of the heat, & wait till it slightly cold. Add in the beaten eggs & keep stirring until well blended.
- Drain spaghetti & put it into the fried sausages pan. Pour sauce on top & stir well.
- Preparing each individual plate, sprinkle some black pepper & parsley.Serve.
Serve 4 ....... Enjoy!
Have a Nice Weekend