Today is Valentine's Day & is my 8th ROM Anniversary too! Heehee..... How are you going to celebrate with your partner? To me, nothing special. No celebration on this special day. Hope everyone have " A Special & Romantic Valentine" !
Back to the main topic " Simmered Chicken With Tomato " adapted from Simmering Chicken, a 1st cook book I bought in 2012.
- 500g chicken drumstick ( into into pieces )
- 200g tomatoes
- 1 stalk spring onion ( sectioned )
- 1/2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 400 ml water
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbps worcestershire sauce ( LP sauce )
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 pepper
- Season chicken pieces with marinate, mix well. Marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat up 2 tbsp oil in a preheated wok to saute garlic over low heat until fragrant. Put in tomatoes, stir-fry briskly until aromatic.
- Add in tomato sauce, light soy sauce, worcestershire sauce & sugar, toss well. Add the chicken pieces, stir-fry until the colour of the chicken pieces are changed.
- Add water, bring to boil. Covered, reduce to medium-high heat, allow to simmer until the gravy is thick. Next season to taste with salt & pepper. Sprinkle with spring onion, stir well. Serve hot.
My oven still having its' good time resting from my last CNY baking. Hahaha..... !!! How about you? I think most of you already started baking cakes & etc. Until yesterday only I started my 1st baking. Hmmmm..... Oh no... is Non-bake cake I made. Hahahaha !!!
Yesterday was my friend's birthday. I decided to bake a cake for her " Bailey's Cheesecake " adapted from 100 Desserts, as it is my favourite liquor. Heehee :D
Do you want the recipe? Yes....? Here you go :
Cake Base :
- 160g digestive biscuits
- 60g butter
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsps chocolate chips
Cheese filling :
- 250g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 55g sugar ( reduced )
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsps hot water
- 1 tbsp gelatin powder
- 4 tbsps water
- 5 tbsps Bailey's Irish cream
- 1 cup whipping cream, beaten till stiff
- To make cake base, crush the digestive biscuits. Melt the butter over a pot of simmering water.
- Mix together all cake base ingredients. Press firmly onto the bottom of the 23cm cake tin. Refrigerate for a while.
- To make cheese filling, mix gelatin powder with water. Heat over a pot of simmering water. Stir until gelatin dissolves.
- In a another bowl, mix instant coffee with hot water. Leave it to cool.
- In a third bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in sugar & beat further. Add coffee mixture. Beat again. Add Bailey's & beat well. Stir in gelatine solution. Lastly, fold in whipped cream.
- Pour the cheese filling into the prepared cake tin. Refrigerate until set. Unmould & sprinkle cocoa powder over the cake.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY