Monday, April 16, 2012

SORRY

Hi friends, I'm so sorry makes you keep waiting for the recipes that you are waiting for :P So,not much story here, I just jump in to the recipes. Heehee...... 
The very 1st I would like to share with you.... is "Simmered Chicken with Shallots" from Mum's Delicacies, adapted by Amy Wong.


  •  1/2 kampung chicken ( about 600g, cut into chunks )
  • 120g shallots
  • 20g ginger slices
  • 2 tbsp Shao-Xing wine
  • minced 1 piece dreid tangerine peel ( about 2g, soaked & remove white portion) , 4 cloves garlic & 1 1/2 tbsp fermented salted black bean together.
  • 3/4 sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp light soy sauce
  • 1 tsp dark soy sauce
  • 150ml water
  1. Deep-fry shallots slightly & remove from oil. Leave 2 tbsp of oil in the wok & saute minced ingredients till fragrant. Add in Shao-Xing wine & chicken, & stir fry till fragrant.
  2. Add in seasoning, shallots & ginger slices. Cover with lid & simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes till sauce is almost absorbed & chicken is cooked.
Here's the second dish I cooked "Vegetarian Curry". Was my  1st attempt with my own recipe.
I'm not going to post the ingredients here, cause I din't used any special ingredients. Hahaa.... I used normal curry ingredients for example curry leaves, lemon grass, coconut milk, curry powder & chilli bow.
My friend told me, she added spices ( cintan manis & cintan putih ) I will try next time adding those species. I think it will taste more like Indian curry :D


Baking time........
Here's a Chocolate Brownies from the book I love "100 Desserts
What I had tried in those hotels, thier brownies texture are more firm & hard. But mine was like normal cake texture. I don't know where I went wrong, maybe the beating time? 
Hope I can find out the mistake I made.

Here's the recipe :
  • 120g dark chocolate
  • 2 eggs, at room temperature
  • 120g brown sugar
  • 90g melted butter
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 60g flour
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
  1. Finely chop the dark chocolate. Melt over a pot of simmering water.
  2. In a bowl, beat eggs & brown sugar with an electric mixer for about 8 minutes until thick.
  3. Pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture. Add melted butter & stir well. Stir in flour, salt & vanilla essence. Mix again. Lastly add walnuts & stir well.
  4. Pour batter into 20cm square tray lined with baking paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 180c for about 40 minutes. Leave it to cool & cut into pieces. 
What is on my mine is... raisins.... You may add in some raisins. Kids sure love it. My 2 little kids finished the whole cakes in 2 days.I just manage to tried 1 slice. Hahahaa.....

Yesterday was Sunday, it was my rest day. But I'm so hardworking, I made breakfast for my kids "Mini Hotcakes" from my new baking book "No Bake Dessert Basics" adapted by Theresa Lai. I tried 1 portion, can make 11 mini hotcakes. They love it so much & request it for lunch again. Hahaa.... I said sure.... so Hotcakes for thier lunch again!

 Recipe time :

  • 75g self raising flour
  • 40g sugar ( reduced )
  • 50ml milk
  • 1 egg
  • 15g melted butter
  1. Beat egg & sugar in a mixing bowl until sugar dissolves, add melted butter & milk, mix well.
  2. Sieve self raising flour into the mixture, fold in gently to form a smooth batter.
  3. Grease a heated frying pan with a little oil.Drop small ladles of batter into the pan & cook over low heat till the hotcakes set & tiny bubbles expanded, turn over & cook the other side till golden brown. Repeat the process to use up the batter.
  4. Serve with fresh fruits, butter, honey or syrup.

Something special for kids, there will be something special for me & my hubby. Hahahaa.... I made Dhall Cakes. Recipe from my dear aunty. If you interested, please click here.
I love this so much. Thank you my dear aunty for sharing this superb recipe :D




2 comments:

  1. i also bought the book last sat....already bookmark few recipe...mini hotcake is one of the recipe i want to try...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya... Quite alot of nice recipes in this book :) All looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete