Monday, April 23, 2012

TODAYS MENU

My kids & I are so happy that my grandma is here again. Hahaha... My grandma love my cooking so much :D Planning to cook something special & new for her to taste. Heehee...
This is my 1st dish I cooked for her " Simmered Chicken With Galangal & Ginger 南姜焖鸡 " from the cooking book Simmering Chicken.  


The taste was not so special... it's something like ginger chicken. The galangal taste is not very strong.
But it still taste nice :D Here's the recipe :

  • 500g free range chicken ( cut into pieces )
  • 20g galangal ( sliced )
  • 30g old ginger ( sliced )
  • 1 tsp chopped garlic
  • 400ml water
Seasoning :
  • 1 tbsp oyster sauce
  • 1 tbsp light soy sauce
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp sesame oil
  1. Heat up 2 tbsp oil in a preheated wok to stir-fry galangal & old ginger over low heat until fragrant, add the chicken pieces & garlic, stirring constantly over high heat until the colour of the chicken pieces are changes.
  2. Add water & seasoning, bring to boil. Covered, simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked & the gravy is thick. Serve at once.
There will be more nice & new recipes to share with you all soon :D Stay tune ........

No comments:

Post a Comment