Hi, I am here again :D This week I am so hardworking, trying out new recipes from those cooking books I bought. The very 1st dish I would like to share is my farourite or maybe is your favourite too " Sweet & Sour Pork ". Normally those family with kids will order this dish from the restaurant when they have thier lunch or dinner.
I remembered this was my 2nd attempt. The very very 1st was 13 years ago. Hahahaha.....
Here you go the recipe :
- 250g pork fillet / pork belly
- 1 big onion ( wedged )
- 30g cucumber ( cut into triangles )
- 20g green capsicum ( cut into triangles )
- 30g yellow capsicum ( cut into triangles )
- 30g red capsicum ( cut into triangles )
- some cornstarch solutions ( for thickening )
- some tapioca flour ( for coating )
- 100g tomato sauce
- 50g chilli sauce
- 30g plum sauce
- 300ml water
- 4 tbsps sugar
- Tenderize the pork meat with mallet, then cut into small pieces. Season with marinade, keep aside.
- Heat up oil, coat marinated pork pieces with tapioca flour, deep-fry in the hot oil at high heat until golden in colour & crispy. Dish out, drain well.
- For the sauce, Mix tomato sauce, chilli sauce, plum sauce & water, cook over high heat. Add in sugar, stir well, continue cooking for 5 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolves.
- Add in big onions, cucumbers & capsicums, toss well.
- Thicken the sauce with some cornstarch solutions.
- Lastly, add in fried pork pieces, stirring constantly over high heat until well combined. Dish up & serve.
Today, I cooked this for my dinner " Chicken Siyow " Wow, it taste so nice. My kids & hubby love it so much. Do try it. It was from my cooking book that I mentioned it before "Simmering Chicken ".
I am sure you will ask for another bowl of rice with this super yummy chicken. Hehehe.... Here you go the recipe :
- 500g chicken ( cut into pieces )
- 3 blades kaffir lime leaf
- 4 nos bird's eye chillies
- 400ml water
- 20 shallots ( pounded )
- 5 bird's eye chillies ( pounded )
- 1 tbsp black peppercorn ( crushed )
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 30g rock sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- Season chicken pieces with marinate, mix well. Keep in the refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- Transfer the marinated chicken in a wok / pot, add in water & rock sugar, bring to boil over high heat. Covered, allow to simmer over medium heat until chicken is cooked & the gravy is almost thick.
- Add in bird's eye chillies & kaffir lime leaves, stir well, add seasoning to taste. Serve at once.
Hope you like it. Have A Nice Weekend :D