Thursday, August 23, 2012

HUBBY'S BIRTHDAY

Yesterday was my hubby's birthday. Decided to cook a simple dinner for him. In the morning, I already prepared all the ingredients that I need. But in the afternoon, my eldest sister called & asked, whether can bring my daughter to PD for a day. Okay & let her go with her cousin sister. My hubby said go out for dinner instead of cooking for just 3 of us. So I just kept everything in the freezer for tomorrow's dinner & we went to eat Italian food for dinner as a pre-birthday dinner from me. Hahaha.....

The dishes I cooked are "Tomato Meat Rolls In Honey Sauce 蜜汁番茄肉巻" & Hot And Spicy Ginger Flower Prawns 香辣姜花爆虾". Both are from the book I mentioned in my previous post.

Here's the recipe for Tomato Meat Rolls In Honey Sauce. I like the roll taste more than the sauce taste. The sauce taste abit weird when it goes with the rolls.

Ingredients
• 150g minced meat
• 400g pork lean, cut into thin slices

Seasoning A
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 tsp light soy sauce
• 1 tsp ground black pepper
• 2 stalks spring onion, chopped

Seasoning B - mixed
• 1 tbsp tomato purée
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp sugar
• 1 tbsp oil

Seasoning C
• 2 tbsp honey
• 2 tbsp light soy sauce
• 3 tbsp water

1. Mix minced meat with seasoning A and set aside.
2. Use the back of knife to pound the sliced meat until tender.
3. Lay sliced meat onto a work surface, spread seasoning B over the meat and place some minced meat on top. Roll up.
4. Heet up 1 tbsp oil and pan-fry meat rolls until cooked. Add seasoning C and stir-fry over high heat until well coated. Dish up and serve.

Here's the 2nd dish "Hot & Spicy Ginger Flower Prawns"

Ingredients
• 800g medium size prawns, slit at the back & deveined
• 1 onion, peeled & cut into pieces
• 1 red chilli, seeded & cut into pieces
• 5 dried chillies, cut into small strips

Seasoning
• 2 tbsp tomato sauce
• 1 tbsp light soy sauce
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 tsp sugar
• 2 tbsp water
• 1 stalk ginger flower

1. Deep-fry prawns in hot oil until cooked. Dish & drain.
2. Leave 2 tbsp oil in wok & sauté onion until aromatic. Add red chilli, dried chillies & stir-fry until fragrant.
3. Add seasoning, prawns & stir-fry until well combined. Add ginger flower & mix well. Dish up & serve.

My hubby likes the prawns. Me and my kids as well. Heehee.......

Happy Birthday My Dear Hubby!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice dishes! Your hubby must be very happy with the dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phong Hong :-) He enjoyed the meal... Haha...

      Delete