Thursday, September 6, 2012

SALTED FISH AND PORK BELLY IN CLAY POT

Here's my menu for today's dinner "咸鱼花腩煲"from my cook book ~ 大牌档菜. It was my 1st attempt.
My hubby said very nice :-) My kids & I love it too. Success.... Yeah!

Here's the recipe :
• 1 tbsp oil
• 50g Miu Hiong salted fish ( diced )
• 5 dried chilli ( cut into 3cm length )
• 15 slices ginger
• 1 onion ( sliced )
• 300g pork belly ( sliced thinly )
• 1 tbsp oil
• 3 stalks spring onion ( cut into 3cm length)

Seasoning :
• 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
• 1 tsp sugar
• 1 tsp oyster sauce
• 1 tsp dark soy sauce
• 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
• 100ml water

1. Heat up 1 tbsp oil, sauté salted fish & dried chili at low heat until fragrant.

2. Add in ginger, onion, pork belly and stir well. Add in seasoning, stir well & cook for 3 minutes until meat is tender.

3. Heat up a clay pot, add in 1 tbsp oil & sauté spring onion until fragrant. Add in pork belly mixture, 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine & cover the lid. Simmer for another 2 minutes until fragrant. Serve hot.

2 comments:

  1. This is yummy! I have had this dish at a restaurant and have been looking for the recipe. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phong Hong, hope this recipe taste nicer than the one you tried from the restaurant :-) heehee .....

    ReplyDelete