Last Tuesday, I followed my friends to Lukut to buy fresh fishes. It is a place where the fishermen caught from the sea and sell it. I bought prawns ( used to cooked petai for yesterday nasi lemak ), few types of fishes included 㬵鱼 for today's Yong Tau Fu :-)
Here's my recipe for the filling :
• fish paste ( from 1kg 㬵鱼 )
• 1/2 bowl of 1 tsp salt water
• 200g minced meat
• 3 tsp salt
• some pepper
1. Remove meat from the fish. Add in salt & pepper. Use hand to squeeze while adding the salt water slowly. Squeeze and smash the meat become paste. It takes about 10 minutes.
2. Add in minced meat & mix until well-blended.
3. Now you can start to stuff into tofu pok, tofu, long bean, chilli, eggplant & others.
4. Pan-fry all the stuffed ingredients. Keep aside.
Here's the soup recipe :
• fish bone from the 㬵鱼 ( pan-fry with some oil until fragrant )
• 300-400g Soy bean 黄豆 ( pan-fry without oil until the skin broke )
• 2L water
• fish sauce
1. Put fish bones, soy beans & water in a pot. Bring to boil & simmer with low fire for 1 hour.
2. Add in fish sauce & salt to taste.
3. Finally, add in all the fried ingredients & boil for 3-5 minutes.
Serve with Meehoon or others noddles :-)