Finally I did my favourite Ondeh-ondeh with the left coconut from the previous recipe Angku kuih.
The texture of this skin is nice & QQ :-) love the texture & the gula melaka filling. I missed the chopped gula melaka method, so I put in pieces gula melaka. Some filling is not melting but crunchy... Hahaha
Here's the recipe adapted from Hot Favourites Kueh :
• 300g glutinous flour
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 20 pandan leaves
• 200ml water
• 1/2 tsp alkaline water
• 100g gula melaka ( chopped )
• 150g grated coconut ( steam with some salt over high heat for 5 minutes & aside to cool )
1. Sift glutinous flour in a bowl & combine with sugar.
2. Blend pandan leaves with water into juice.
3. Mix pandan juice with alkaline water then add into the flour mixture. Mix & become a dough.
4. Put 50g of the dough into boiling water & cook till it floats. Remove & knead in with the rest of the dough. Set aside for 15 minutes before dividing into 40 balls.
5. Wrap each dough with chopped gula melaka & shape into a ball. Lay the balls in a plate sprinkled with some glutinous flour to prevent from sticking.
6. Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook the glutinous balls till float. Continue boiling for a minute then remove. Rinse with cold water & drain.
7. Coat the glutinous balls with steamed grated coconut.
Is that easy? Hope you all have a nice weekends :-)