Kuih again!!! Haha~ Craving for kueh this few weeks.... Heehee.... Today I made Rainbow Layer Cake "九层糕＂from my recipe book "Steamed Cake & Kuih Muih" that I bought 2 years ago.
The texture & the taste are so nice. My kids love it so much :-) But the very bottom layer came out :-(
Here's the recipe :
• 600ml thick coconut milk
• 600ml water
• 150g rice flour
• 350g tapioca flour
• 180g Hoe Kwe flour
• 200ml thick coconut milk
• 270g caster sugar ( reduced )
• 400ml water
• 5 blades pandan leaves ( knotted )
• 3 types of different food colouring
1. Mix all ingredients B & bring to boil, cook until the sugar is completely dissolve, remove from heat, strain well & set aside.
2. Combine all ingredients A, add in B mixture, mix well. Next, divide the batter into 3 portions evenly, stir in few drops of different food colouring to each portion.
3. Prepared a greased 10 inches square steaming Tim, preheat for 3 minutes. Next, pour in 1 bowl of batter ( about 250ml ), steam at medium heat for 5 minutes, then pour in another layer of colour batter, continue steam for further 5 minutes.
4. Repeat the process until the batter is used up. Lastly, steam for another 15-20minutes until the cake is cooked though. Remove from heat, leave cool before cut & serve.
What's my next work? Hmmm....