Wednesday, November 19, 2014
LEMON CRANBERRY WALNUT CAKE
I love this cake so much. My family and friend as well. It's so tasty. The original recipe is from 100 Desserts- Winnie姐. Why I mentioned original is because I made some changes. Here goes my recipe:
● 240g flour
● 2 tsps baking powder
● 1 cup castor sugar
● 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
● 3/4 whipping cream + 1 tbsp lemon juice
● 2 eggs
● 2 tbsps melted butter
● 2 tbsps canola oil
● 150g dried cranberries
● 1/2 cup chopped and toasted walnuts
● 3 tbsps sugar
● 2 tbsps lemon juice
1. Sift flour, baking powder together.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat castor sugar, grated lemon zest, whipping cream, melted butter and canola oil together. At 1 egg at a time. Beat after each addition. Pour into the dry ingredients from step 1. Fold gently to mix well. Add cranberries and walnuts at last. Mix again.
3. Pour batter into 2 ( 8×3 inch) loaf tins lined with baking paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 190° for 40 minutes.
4. To make topping, mix sugar with lemon juice. Stir until sugar dissolves. Brush on the cake when it's hot.