Friday, July 3, 2009

OREO BANANA CHEESECAKE

Last 2 days, my mum gave me a bunch of bananas.... wow.. too many for my family! So i came across this recipe from my new recipe book (Cheese Cake by Kevin Chai).It taste ok to me... cause the banana taste too strong. But my husband,parents & friends said nice, cause they like bananas. The banana covered the cheese taste, so it just feel like eating normal banana cake!Those who love bananas... can give it a try!



Base
  • 160g crushed oreo biscuits
  • 80g melted butter

Filling

  • 450g cream cheese
  • 100g caster sugar
  • 200g banana flesh
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 3 eggs
  • 150g sour cream
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1/4 tsp banana essence
  • 2 tbsps Rum
  • 25g crushed oreo buscuits
  1. To make base, stir all ingredients until combined. Press mixture into base or 18cm cake tin. Chill in fridge for 1 hr (not stated in the recipes,but my friend told me is better to chill it, cause it's really soft without chilling it).
  2. To make filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, banana flesh & lemon juice until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  3. Then beat in sour cream, cornstarch, banana essence & Rum. Stir in crushed oreo biscuits.
  4. Pour filling into tin. Bake for 40-45 mins. Remove & leave to cool. Chill in fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment