Today is a public holiday in Seremban!!! Actually is not a good news for a fulltime mummy !Agree??? hahaha... back to my easily done dishes for lunch!!! My mum used to cook this STEW PORK TOFU since i were young! I love this dish soooooo much & my family will do!!! It's very nice when u go with the aroma hot rice. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS :D
- 500g pork belly, cut into cubes
- 2 blocks fried tofu, cut into 6 pieces
- 5 pips garlic , with skin
- 4cm cinamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 3 cloves
- 8-10 fa jiu (sorry ..i don't know the name of this spice in eng, i vil find out asap)
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsps dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200ml water
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil, stir-fry garlic & all the spices until fragrant. Add in pork belly & stir-fry for awhile. Add seasoning & stir-fry until well mixed.
- Stew for 1/2 hr & add in fried tofu. Continue to stew for another 20-3o mins until the pork is tender.
- 5 medium size eggplants, cut into long strips ( in chinese they called it 滚刀法）
- 3 pips chopped garlic
- 2 tbsps curry powder
- 1 sprig curry leaf ( avoided here)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- some fried anchovies
- Heat up 3 tbsps oil, stir-fry chopped garlic until fragrant. Add in eggplants & continue to stir-fry.
- Add in curry powder & salt, mix well. Add in some water & cover with lid .Simmer for 5 mins or until the eggplant is soft.
- Dish up & add in fried anchovies.
Happy Holiday ^.^