This recipe was taken from a book where i flipped through couple of my mum's recipe books & finally find 1 that is just nice !Thank God .... if not my kiwis all wasted!The look of sponge cake was not so nice.... But okay to me la... cause homemade ma... hehee :D
- 180g sponge mix
- 3 eggs
- 50ml water
- 50g melted butter/ cooking oil
- few drops green colouring
- 2 tsp green tea powder
- 1egg yolk
- 50ml fresh milk
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp gelatine powder
- 1 tbsp water
- 150g fresh cream ( whipped)
- 4 kiwis
- Beat sponge mix, eggs & water for 10 mins. Fold in melted butter/ cooking oil. mix well. Mix in green colouring with 5 tbsps of sponge batter & put into piping bag.
- Pipe wave shapes onto a lined 10x14 inches baking tray. Spread the rest batter over the waves batter. Bake in preheated oven at 180c for 10 mins.
- Mousse : Stir green tea powder, egg yolk, milk & sugar in a heatproof bowl over a simmering of water until mixture is thicken.
- Stir gelatine & water over a simmering of water until dissolved. Stir into green tea mixture, mix well.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- To assemble : Line sponge cake in the sides of a loaf tin. Spoon in some mousse & arrange kiwis in the centre. Spread the rest mousse over kiwis. Cover with a slice of sponge. Refrigerate until set.
HAVE A NICE DAY :D