Thursday, October 1, 2009

SHANGHAI MOONCAKE

hahaaa.... MOONCAKE FESTIVAL just around the corner.... keep thinking to make different kinds of mooncakes for my relatives & family! This also my 1st baked mooncake! Got the recipe from a book i mentioned in my previous post (SNOWSKIN MOONCAKE). I will check & post the tittle of the book as soon as possible.

Here is my Shanghai Mooncake.... nice???

My daughter & i tried.... it's really nice! Here's the recipe :-
  • 280g plain flour
  • 50g milk powder
  • 25g custard powder
  • 1 1/2 tbsps baking powder
  • 100g icing sugar
  • 100g shortening
  • 50g margerine
  • 2 eggs ( gr.B)

Filling : 840g lotus + 30g melon seeds (toasted) & 14 salted eggs

  1. Mix all dry ingredients with margerine using rubbing method. Add in eggs...knead lightly become a dough.
  2. Scale 50g dough & 60g filling.
  3. Egg washed & bake for 20-25 minutes.

Kept in nice box for my relatives & family ..... but tonight will go & buy a golden string to tie up the box! Hopefully i can get the string.. :D CHEERS

No comments:

Post a Comment