Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Finally.... here comes my REMPAH UDANG.... yum yum!!! It was my yesterday dinner. My husband ate 5 & a bowl of tang shui. He said very nice... hehee :D But the colour abit dull because i used chilies padi. kekee ^o^ While i'm wrapping, my daughter told my son.. mummy making sushi...hahahaa..yaya... good imagination!!!
Will post the recipe later... cause need to prepare.... going for BUFFET DINNER !!! Enjoy :D
I'm back .... had a happy & nice Buffet Dinner with my family ^.^ But half way eating, my dad felt feeling well...stomachache & vomit..hopefully he's ok now. Okay..back to REMPAH UDANG ,i bought this book ( Nyonya Traditional Kueh, Snacks & Desserts) last 2 months & haven't try any of the recipes yet. My sis tried few recipes here too... but she did some modified from the recipes. But i'm a beginner, so don't dare to make changes..hehee ! ^.^ here's the original of the recipe :-
A : 500g glutinous rice, soaked overnight
270g coconut milk
4 tbsps oil
some banana leaves for wrapping ( cut, washed & boiled )
some toothpick for sealing
B : 1 inch piece cekor
10 nos shallots
5 pips garlics
5 nos candle nuts
3 nos red chilies ( i put chili padi & it looked dull.. not so nice) - i think will make a modify
here... instead of red chili, i will put chilli bow.
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp pepper
C : 250g shelled prawns
2 tbsps dried shrimp
D : 2 tsps salt
1 1/2 tbsps sugar
- Mix glutinous rice well with coconut milk, steam over high flame for 30 mins.
- Fragrant ingredients B with oil, add in ingredients C, stir-fry for a while & add in ingredients D, simmer for 5 minutes, use it as filling.
- Spread one portion of cooked glutinous rice lengthwise in the centre of the banana leaf, put some filling on it & fold over the rice to shape it into a roll, then seal both sides with toothpicks.
- Grilled or pan-fry roll.
EnJoY Ur DaY :D
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
My 1st order.... hahaaa...TQ Mun Lik... you are the 1st who take order from me!!! Hope it really taste GOOD ^o^
- 1kg cream cheese
- 4 small eggs
- 1 lemon rind
- 70g all purpose flour
- 300g sugar
- 100g double cream ( lightly whipped)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
BASE :120g crushed marie biscuits + 120g melted butter (mix) Press mixture into base of 9" & freeze.
- Beat cream cheese & sugar, slowly add in eggs.
- Add in grated lemon rind & lemon juice.
- Finally add in double cream & flour.
- Spoon 2 tbsps +10g cocoa powder+2 tbsps water ( set aside )
- Pour mixture onto the prepared base.
- Bake in low heat for 1hr or until lightly brown over a tray of hot water.
- Chilled & demould.
HAVE A CHEESY DAY :D
- 1 portion of Basic dough
- 300g tuna (drained)
- 100g onions (chopped)
- 30g cheddar cheese
- 100g mayonnaise
- A bit of salt & sugar ...i missed those ,sigh.....
** Mix even**
- Divide the dough into 60g each, knead into long strip, fold into shape '8'.
- Place onto baking tray, let it prove double size. Brush with wgg wash.
- Put filling on top.
- Bake for 12 mins.
ENJOY BAKING @.@
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Here I did.... the green spring onions really look nice here....
Spread mayonnaise & pork floss....
Roll up & wrap with cling wrap.....
DONE DONE DONE..... Finally i can give it a bite.... wow.... DELICIOUS... omg.... very very very nice... just now my hubby tried... he said YUMMY, very special!!!!! He said i can make this for a homemade business. He said cannot find it ouside...is't??? i dun think so... i think the cake shops are selling those cake. Hahahaaa *o* I think i will make it again to let my parents & more people to try it ..... oh ya.... my daughter too! She just recovered from her fewer,so she can't try it! Next week i will make it again for her & my parents. WONDERFUL !
Monday, September 7, 2009
A simple & nice bread loaf is from my book "面包DIY-HOME BREAD"
Here's the recipe...
- 300g HP flour
- 25g castor sugar
- 5g dry yeast
- 5g salt
- 200g cold water
- 10g milk powder
- 20g butter
- Sift HP flour & milk powder.
- Mix all the ingredients except butter, knead until it form a soft dough.
- Finally add in butter & continue to knead until it becomes an elastic dough.
- Leave to prove for about 90 mins.
- Divide the dough into 3 portions. Flatten the dough out & roll like a swiss roll form.
- Place into a greased loaf tin (9x4.5x4.5)
- Let it prove till 80% of the tin ( about 1 hr ).
- Bake for 30 mins.
- Remove from tin after baked & cool on a wire rack.
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Straight to my kitchen right after my dinner.... can't wait to make PANDAN SWISS ROLL , cause this is my 1st time. So scared.... my sister failed for few times.... GOOD LUCK TO ME!!!.. heheee...hahaaaaa.. THANKS GOD... i made it.... it's very nice...
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
- 160g HP flour
- 45g whole meal flour
- 15g brown sugar
- 2.5g salt
- 140g cold water
- 3g instant yeast
- 5g butter ~ B
* egg wash & grated cheddar cheese
- Mix all the ingredients accept butter for 5 mins in high speed. Add in B, knead until forms a smooth dough.
- Let it prove for 1hr.
- Divide dough into 50g each.
- Mould dough into balls then roll into oval shape. Leave it to rise for 30 mins.
- Cut a straightline in the middle, brush with egg wash & spread some cheedar cheese on top.
- Bake for 10-12 mins.
I love the book 'DIY HOME BREAD' i love his recipes!
Here.... he's using the Basic Sweet Dough recipe! I posted it before in my SARDIN BUN.
- 1 portion basic sweet bun dough
- Divide dough into 50g each & shape them into balls, let them rest for 10 mins.
- From balls shape into oval shape, use knife & cut several strokes on the surface. Allow them to leaven for 20 mins. Brush some egg wash & spread some cheedar cheese on top.
- Bake for 10-12 mins.
My parents, in-laws & my family love it so much !!!! GREAT
BAKING MAKES FUN :D