My friend Maggie & I want to find out the reason why my cake will fall out when i inverted it! Do you know that... I tried 4 times making the same cake, but still fall out. Is because my mould??? So we decided to bake 2 flavour (pandan & orange) . 1 using my mould with Maggie's recipe & 1 using my recipe with her mould! hahaa..... 1st we tried her mould 1st... juz baked for 40 minutes. Do u know what is the result??? FALL AGAIN....... This time the cake not really cooked, so the 2nd, we baked for a longer time... 55 minutes!!!! Yippie.... SUCCESS!!!! Is not my mould... is the baking time & my oven !!!! hahaaa :D
Thank god........ finally i made it!!!!! :D
The texture is soft ...... Her recipe is abit different, cause it needs 3 types of flour compare with my older post . But i prefer mine :D
Here's the recipe :
- 6 egg yolks
- 55g sugar
- pinch of salt
- 32g milk +pandan juice + 1/2 tsp pandan essence
- 46g low protein flour
- 33g corn flour
- 27g sponge mix
- 1/4 baking powder
- 55g corn oil
- 6 egg whites
- 55g sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Combine egg yolks, sugar and oil together. Add in milk,pandan juice & essence.
- Fold in flour and set aside.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until mixture is foamy. Add in sugar gradually and beat until stiff peak.
- Gently fold beaten egg white into egg yolk batter until blended. (Divide into 3 times).
- Pour into ungreased 8" mould and bake in a pre-heated oven for 40 mins or until cooked. ~ Invert cake to cool before removing.
Don't GiveUP !!