So.... 1 more week to Chinese New Year. What are you going to bake? I think most of you already done all bakings & prepared to welcome "Rabbit Year" ^.^
This year, i made 4 types of cookies. 2 of it was from my previous post ( Almond Nestum Cookies & Chocolate Chips Almond Cookies )
Almond Nestum Cookies
In my old post i din't post my nestum cookies photos. So i attached here.
With 2 different shapes.
Bought a new cookies recipe book last year, Little Cookies Earn Big $ 做小饼赚大钱. Went through few times, at last decided to make this, Crisp Coconut Cookies 开心香椰酥饼. Beside, I'm submitting this to ""j3ss kitch3n" who are hosting the Aspiring Bakers #3: My Favorite CNY Cookie (Jan 2011).
After baking the 1st tray, i told my husband... when it's cold please try whether nice or not. He is my 白老鼠. Hahaha :P He said very nice & i tried too. It's very very nice. The coconut fragrant with pistachios & almond powder. Wah..... can u imagine how nice is't?
Here's the awesome recipe :
- 200g butter
- 70g icing sugar
- 230g plain flour
- 50g desicated coconut
- 50g almond powder
- 50g pistachios ( milled )
- Cream butter & icing sugar till light & fluffy.
- Fold in dried ingredients, mix to form a soft dough.
- Shape 6g each into rounds, use a fork to flatten lightly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 150c for 20 minutes.
Another new & nice recipe Hap Tou Sou 核桃酥 from 1 of my mum's friend. The texture is different from what i did every year. It's more like those selling outside. My sister did this too & posted in her blog too. But she used butter instead of planta. I tried hers, i prefered planta. Beside, I'm also submitting this to ""j3ss kitch3n" who are hosting the Aspiring Bakers #3: My Favorite CNY Cookie (Jan 2011).
- 500g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 180g icing sugar
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp alkaline water
- 60g planta
- 240-250g peanut oil
- Mix all the ingredients except oil with hand ( rubbing method ).
- Add in oil slowly become a soft dough.
- Shape into a small ball & make a hole in the middle of each cookies with a chop-stick.
- Brush some egg yolk on the cookies before baking.
- Bake at 150c for 13-15 minutes.
Gong Xi Fatt Cai