For the cake, I used sponge mix. There are 3 layers. 2 hazelnuts sponge sandwich with a chocolate sponge. In between the cakes I spread coffee cream & sprinkle some almond nibs & coat cake with whipped fresh cream. Here's the pix taken by my friend :D For the decorations, I really no idea what do draw on a 14" x 11" cake. At 1st I decided to draw the famous bird ( Angry Bird ). At last I din't due to the rough surface. I can't make the cream smooth :( Fedup with that, so I just make it simple. Here's I share with you the coffee cream recipe :
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 220 fresh cream ( whipped )
- 2 tbsp Kahlua
- Stir instant coffee with cold water until melt.
- Fold in whipped cream & Kahlua until well blended.
Another week gone. October is coming soon..... Haiz :( School exam just over not even one and half month, the final exam is coming again in 22 days ;(
Yesterday I went to take out my wisdom tooth... Syiok !!!! I still can feel uncomfortable now. Can't even chew :( To forget about the pain, I bake a new recipe from the book I bought that i mentioned it from my previous post " Almond Maple Syrup Cake " Haha..
It taste & looks nice... hehe :D Love it :) Here's the recipe :
- 120g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g butter
- 90g castor sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 4 tbsps milk
- 4 tbsps ground almond
- 3 tbsps maple syrup
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter & sugar until creamy. Add one egg at a time. Beat after asch addition. Mix in half portion of maple syrup.
- Add in sift flour & baking powder & milk. Mix well. Lastly, add in ground almonds & mix again.
- Grease the muffin tin with butter. Arrange flaked almonds over & on the sides of the tin. Pour in the batter until 3/4 full.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190c for 25 minutes. Take the cakes out & brush the remaining maple syrup over the area with flaked almonds. Leave to cool & serve.
** To have the best result, brush the maple syrup over while the cakes are till hot**
Makes 6 muffins