Monday, September 26, 2011

END OF SEPTEMBER

Here I would like to thanks my friend, Shee Shee giving me this opportunity to bake a birthday cake for thier Church Sunday School kids. So happy with thier feedbacks. Tq so much :D


For the cake, I used sponge mix. There are 3 layers. 2 hazelnuts sponge sandwich with a chocolate sponge. In between the cakes I spread coffee cream & sprinkle some almond nibs & coat cake with whipped fresh cream. Here's the pix taken by my friend :D For the decorations, I really no idea what do draw on a 14" x 11" cake. At 1st I decided to draw the famous bird ( Angry Bird ). At last I din't due to the rough surface. I can't make the cream smooth :( Fedup with that, so I just make it simple. Here's I share with you the coffee cream recipe :



  • 1 tbsp instant coffee

  • 1 tbsp cold water

  • 220 fresh cream ( whipped )

  • 2 tbsp Kahlua


  1. Stir instant coffee with cold water until melt.

  2. Fold in whipped cream & Kahlua until well blended.


Another week gone. October is coming soon..... Haiz :( School exam just over not even one and half month, the final exam is coming again in 22 days ;(
Yesterday I went to take out my wisdom tooth... Syiok !!!! I still can feel uncomfortable now. Can't even chew :( To forget about the pain, I bake a new recipe from the book I bought that i mentioned it from my previous post " Almond Maple Syrup Cake " Haha..


It taste & looks nice... hehe :D Love it :) Here's the recipe :

  • 120g flour

  • 1 tsp baking powder

  • 150g butter

  • 90g castor sugar

  • 2 medium eggs

  • 4 tbsps milk

  • 4 tbsps ground almond

  • 3 tbsps maple syrup

  • 1/2 cup flaked almonds

  • butter


  1. In a mixing bowl, beat butter & sugar until creamy. Add one egg at a time. Beat after asch addition. Mix in half portion of maple syrup.

  2. Add in sift flour & baking powder & milk. Mix well. Lastly, add in ground almonds & mix again.

  3. Grease the muffin tin with butter. Arrange flaked almonds over & on the sides of the tin. Pour in the batter until 3/4 full.

  4. Bake in a preheated oven at 190c for 25 minutes. Take the cakes out & brush the remaining maple syrup over the area with flaked almonds. Leave to cool & serve.

** To have the best result, brush the maple syrup over while the cakes are till hot**
Makes 6 muffins


No comments:

Post a Comment