Monday, September 12, 2011

THE WEEK AFTER HOLIDAY

Besides baking, I steam too :) Heehee.... My kids love paos. She I will make paos very often. This time I make Pumpkin Pau with red bean paste filling. It's special & heathier because the recipe uses corn oil instead of shortening.

Here's the recipe :


  • 100g pumpkin flesh ( steamed & mashed )

  • 200g low protein flour or pau flour

  • 4g yeast

  • 35g sugar

  • 2 tbsp corn oil

  • 30-40ml water


  1. Mix all ingredients & knead till a smooth dough.

  2. Divide it into 40g each. Flatten & roll up like a mini swiss roll. Continue until finished.

  3. Then wrap in red bean paste or others flavour paste & rest for 30 minutes.

  4. Steam over medium-high heat for 12 minutes.

Another year of Mid-Autumn Festival. Time flies...... This year I'm making the same mooncakes as last year :D No new recipes to share here :)



Used extra dough to make 猪仔饼 with my cookie cutters :)




中秋节快乐!

No comments:

Post a Comment