Here's the recipe :
- 1/2 chicken, cut into pieces
- 10 dried chestnuts, soaked overnight & removed skin
- 1 tbsp oil
- 5 pips garlic, peeled
- 10 shallots, peeled
- 8 slices ginger
- 8 black mushrooms, soaked
- 1 carrot, peeled & cut into chunks
- 2 stalks spring onion, cut into short lengths
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 300 water
- 1 tbsp shaoxing wine
- Heat up oil, saute garlic, shallots & gingers until aromatic. Add black mushrooms, chestnuts, seasoning & bring to boil. Lower the heat & simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add carrot, chicken & simmer for another 20 minutes or until meat is cooked. Lastly stir in spring onions. Dish up & serve.
Today is Mid-Autumn Festival. It's a day for kids to play lantern & candles outside, & also for aldults to admire the full moon. But too bad, we played for only 1/2 hour, it started to drizzling :( & there is no Moon....
Cook this Assam Prawns for dinner. It's also from the cook book I mentioned lately. Yummy....
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 onion, peeled & shredded
- 1 red chilli, shredded 500g prawn meat ( large size )
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste mixed with 5 tbsp water & squeezed out juice
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- Heat up oil, saute chopped garlic & onion until aromatic. Add in chilli & stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add in prawns & seasoning. Stir-fry over high heat until cooked. Dish up & serve.