Here's a cake I baked for my daughter's 7th Birthday. I let her choose what cake she wants. She choose this Rocky Mellow Chocolate Cake from one of my recipe book " Chocolate LOVE" by Elisabeth Siahaja.
Here's the recipe :
- 250g unsalted butter
- 330g dark covertures' chocolate
- 20g chocolate paste
- 10 espresso paste
- 1 packet 3-in-1 coffee powder ( I used 2-in-1 )
- 5 eggs
- 200 sugar ( reduced )
- 10g vanilla essence
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 8g baking powder
- 100g sour cream ( I replaced with plain yogurt )
- Melt A till well-combined on double boiler. Whip B on high speed till thick & fluffy.
- Mix slowly A & B batter, followed by C. Lastly fold in D slowly.
- Pour the mixture into two 9" round ( I used 8" square) baking tin lined with baking paper. Bake at 170c for 30 minutes or just firm to touch.
- Leave to cool on wire rack before removing from tins. Spread filling in the middle & decorate as desired.
Rocky Mellow Filling
- 40g sugar ( reduced )
- 100 water
- 5 egg whites
- 200g white chocolate
- 300g dark covertures' chocolate
- 10g gelatine powder dissolves with 30g hot water
- Colourful marshmallow as desired quantity
- Boil A for about 3-5 minutes till soft ball is formed.
- Whip B till soft peak & slowly add A to combine. Continue whipping till fluffy.
- Melt C and fold it into the above mixture.
- Whip D till stiff & fold lightly to the above mixture. Add in E and mix till thoroughly combined.
- Place one layer of the cake on a cake board.
- Pour in 2/3 of the Rocky Mellow Filling, spread evenly & place some marshmallows on it.
- Place another layer of cake on it & pour the remaining filling on top. Level it. Decorate marshmallows on top & let the cake set in the freezer for 1 hs. Remove & decorate as desired.