- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 & 1/2 cups Self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp Kirsch liqueur (I used kahlua)
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 100g Fresh Cream (Whipped)
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder ( i avoided )
- Some chocolate chips ( i used
- Preheat oven to 180'C. Line a 12 cupcake pan with cupcake papers.
- Lightly beat the eggs, add in butter and sugar, then mix until light and fluffy
- Add milk, flour and cocoa powder, and stir to combine. Beat with and electric mixer for 2 minutes, until light and creamy, then fold through kirsch liqueur or brandy
- Spoon into capcakes paper and bake for 18-20 minutes until firm to touch ( I used a piping bag with a star-shaped nozzle)
- Allow to cool completely before icing
Method for topping:
~ Whip cream until stiff peaks form, then add cocoa powder and mix well.
~ Top each cake with a dallop of cream and sprinkle some chocolate chips.