250g green beans (yellow in colour)
4 tbsps cooking oil
~Soaked the beans at least 2 hrs & rinsed.
~Steam the beans for 45-1hr with pandans leafs on top.
~While its still hot,add in oil & sugar,blend till fine.
~Make into small balls.
Tips** can be kept for a month in freezer **
- 200g sweet patatoes/pumpkin (cooked & mashed)
- 300g glutinious flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 3 tbsps cooking oil
- 200ml water (frm cooked sweet patatoes) - might not need that much,so have to add slowly.
~ Cut some banana leaves according to the mould for the base of the kuih.
- Mix all ingredients by hand.
- Make into a dough, leave for 20-30 mins.
- Grab a portion (as the mould using) then wrap in the prepared paste.
- Dust the mould with some glutinious flour before pressing in the dough.
- Knock out & place on th cut & oiled banana leafs. (brush alittle oil on top of the cut banana leaves)
- Use a steamer to steam for 8-10 mins(medium heat) for medium size mould.For small size mould,steam for 5-8 mins. When done, brush alittle oil on top of the kuih.
**Before steam spray some water on top with a spray bottle frm far.This will ensure that the pattern comes out shape & clear after cooking**